The 45th Cardiff Scout Group was formed on 20th July 1931 supported by the congregation of the Albany Road Baptist Church in Roath, Cardiff. The main church building, below, was completed in 1932.
In 1971 the old school rooms, were converted into multi-use spaces, where the Scout Group found its home. The church also supports a Girl Guiding group, yoga, study classes and other community groups.
The Group currently meets at Ty Scowtio (Scout Hall) on Cottrell Rd, whilst the Albany Road spaces undergo some exciting renovations.
We have a Beaver Colony, Cub Pack and Scout Group all with experienced volunteers who are here to help the group members with a diverse program filled with activities to suit all abilities, there is something for everyone!